Health Services Research UK is seeking a new Director!
Are you passionate about seeing health and care research make a real difference to people, communities and organisations? Do you want to work with leading researchers and organisations in health services research in the UK and internationally? Are you a great organizer and communicator with excellent interpersonal skills? Are you self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to improving health and care policy and practice through evidence from research?
Health Services Research UK (HSR UK) is the collective voice of UK health services research. We connect researchers with health service leaders, managers, clinicians and patients to drive improvement and innovation in the NHS, working with a wide range of stakeholders – think tanks; funders; national bodies; universities; and NHS and social care organisations. HSR UK is an independent registered charity, with its administrative base at the offices of the Nuffield Trust in central London.
We are looking for a Director to work with the HSR UK Board, lead our small executive team, and engage productively with the wider membership of HSR UK and our external stakeholders. You will:
- Lead, support and develop HSR UK’s strategy and business plan and their implementation through many activities including meetings, conferences, networks, reports, projects, consultations.
- Build and sustain our external relationships and collaborations with stakeholders, partners and member organisations
- Manage our small executive team and provide administrative and financial support for the HSR UK Board and the organisation.
We’d really like to meet you if you have:
- A strong interest in and commitment to, the mission and values of HSR UK, and more broadly to the development of health services research in the UK and internationally.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write for, and present to, a wide variety of audiences and to produce reports, blogs, papers and other content
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to lead our small executive team and build and maintain excellent internal and external working relationships
- Experience of leading and working on projects, with the ability to learn, understand and apply project management skills and techniques
- Highly developed organisational skills (self and others) with an ability to set and negotiate deadlines, and manage and support multiple projects at any one time
The Director and other HSR UK staff are employed by HSR UK, but are based in the offices of the Nuffield Trust, one of the UK’s most influential health policy think-tanks. They play a full part as a member of staff and can access the opportunities for development at the Nuffield Trust.
To learn more about the work of HSR UK, we have included some useful links and information below. Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Kieran Walshe, Chair of the HSR UK Board (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Salary: Negotiable circa £50-60k pa depending on experience.
To see the Job Description and to apply, please go to The Nuffield Trust Recruitment site and complete the online application process by midday on Thursday 10 March 2022.
If you are interested in applying for this role, the following information may be useful: