This event has now passed. Look out for highlights and speaker presentations available to watch soon.
This autumn HSR UK, the Health Foundation, The King’s Fund and The Nuffield Trust will hold a series of free events on improving inclusion in health and care research. Across three online events we will showcase people, projects and organisations using inclusive and innovative approaches, and highlight ways we can move existing practice forward at a project, organisational and system level.
The second event on 5 October will look at improving inclusion at a system level. Speakers will share examples of how we can encourage a more inclusive research culture, centre the role of patients and the public in research, and improve the quality and consistency of health datasets. There will also be two interactive breakout sessions where participants will be able to discuss the issues raised (interaction optional - you are welcome to stay and listen in if preferred).
This event is open to anyone with an interest in improving inclusion in health and care research including researchers, public contributors, practitioners and those involved in the funding and commissioning of research.
- Lilian Hunt, EDIS Programme Lead, Wellcome Trust
- Niccola Hutchinson-Pascal, Head of Co-Production Collective
- Shahid Muhammad, Researcher at UWE Bristol, Co-founder of the Renal Patient Support Group
- Sarah Scobie, Deputy Director of Research, The Nuffield Trust
- Darren Miguel Sharpe, Senior Research Fellow and Deputy Director at the Institute for Connected Communities, UEL