The Health Services Research Network (HSRN) Symposium presents the leading edge of health services research in a multidisciplinary programme that includes research presentations and posters, plenaries from research and service leaders, and commissioned themes. Delegates attend from a broad range of organisations: NHS and social care bodies, patient and citizen groups, universities and research institutes, industry and commercial knowledge consultancy, central and local government and the third sector. Researchers, service users and carers, service leaders and policy makers joined us at this year's event on 1-2 July 2015.
The hashtag for the event on Twitter was #HSRN15
View all event photos.
Join our Symposium linkedin group
Awards: The winners of the Symposium research awards in 2015 were:
- Best overall Presentation: Georgia Black, UCL - Patients’ Experiences of Cancer Diagnosis through Emergency Presentation: A Qualitative Study
- Best overall Poster: Rebecca Elvey, University of Manchester - Implementing IT for integrated care: exploring processes at demonstrator pilot sites
- Best Improvement Science (presentation or poster): Alexander Komashie, University of Cambridge - An integrated model of patient and staff satisfaction using queuing theory
- Best Poster Presentation (look/design of poster): Vicky Ward, University of Leeds - What kind of knowledge mobiliser are you?
These were judged at the event by our HSRN board members and others involved with the network including The Health Foundation. As usual presentations were judged on factors including relevance to the NHS and focus on outcomes. Congratulations to all.
- Catherine Pope discusses the HSRN Symposium and the HSRN 'family'
- Alexander Komashie, University of Cambridge discussed the importance of the HSRN Symposium
- Charles Wolfe, HSRUK board member at the Symposium
- Cathy Howe discussed the HSRN Symposium
- Judith Smith on Symposium 2015
- Justin Waring on health services research - HSRN Symposium 2015
- Mary Cubitt from HRA discusses HSRN Symposium 2015
Watch the video from our 2014 event.